Monday 14 March 2011

Possible compositions for Final Poster...

All of these photos were developed that tiny bit further on photoshop using the levels and cropping tool...


For some unknown reason my red in the poster was really dull so I slightly edited it so I could make the red more vibrant and I did this by changing the saturation of the 'reds' within the image.

I took about 30 different photos of this set-up just at different angles, most were just the wrong angle exposing points which I didn't particularly want to shoot. Also, I was focusing at the wrong points, it was either too dark or too light. But eventually when I got used to the camera and had it set up on the correct exposure and everything that goes with it. I came up with these three shots, it's just a matter of which one to choose and why?


I like the white balance in this image but the angle deter you away from the font, and focuses on the box itself which is not the case. Plus you can see the joins in the card which is more evident and makes it look badly made, I could get a better shot. Also the layout of the poster, the type being to top left, it's not the balanced strong layout I am looking for, seen as I would like the viewer to obtain all the information clearly.


 I like the clarity of lighting in this image, the shadow which is casted from the box also the brightness of the white balance but the where the type is situated. There is too much empty space surrounding it and looks like it needs something else to fill up the space.


After much consideration I feel that this is composition which works best. I feel that my aim of balanced/strong type grid with the type in the centre of the poster, nothing around the edges for the viewer to get distracted away from the information. Also, the striking colours lead from the bottom to the top of the set-up which results in the viewer reading the information. I like the lighting which is really crisp and white then it gradually degrades to a soft grey. Also changing the saturation of the red really made it have the ultimate contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment