Monday 14 March 2011

experimentation continuing....

My main aim to complete this task was to show what you can do with a simple piece of paper and represent information in the most creative and interesting format. Creating type from it by stencilling or actually creating the letterforms from the paper. So I have captured some of the experimentation in progress...





Exploring this as an option was sucessful but felt that it wouldn't really suffice to show the excitement of the celebration of a century for a well established company. But at least I am exploring and developing of skills of bending, cutting out stencils from the paper. Not only that skill but forever improving on my photography skills. A number of things which I had to consider whilst taking the shots, light, shadow castings, correct settings on the camera which would give me the correct exposure, aperture and also white balance of the shot. Each setting would give a different 'mood' to each photo even though it would be the same object and this would be important for the viewer of the poster.

I liked this idea, quite a lot,however when I was browsing along other peoples blogs and I was seeing similar stencil cut out of the 'GF Smith' and '100 years' so I felt I needed something fresh just to fulfill the briefs requirements of being very creative. Then I started looking at greetings cards and their method of layering, and using card...




The method of creating a stencil and layering them on top of the using sticky foam tabs to create depth will make a 2D piece much more nicer to photograph because there is that little extra bit of depth which will cast a shadow. 

So I was beginning to think about what a celebration is linked to...














All these party connotations could be incorporated to this project because most of them involve paper to make them. So I started creating quick sketches...



The idea of a present, that element of surprise! Is a nice idea that the this box is trying to contain the excitiment of the celebration of a century but what if the content of the box wants to burst out to show you what's inside?!







No comments:

Post a Comment