Thursday 3 March 2011

GF Papers....

Whilst my end piece is in the making still... I am going to make a start on Task 2 of the brief and start thinking about the poster which celebrates that GF Papers has been an established company for 100 years. The brief requires us to create a poster...





- A2
-PORTRAIT
- MUST CONTAIN THESE WORDS....

 100 Years of GF Smith Paper
Design Museum
01-31 July 2010

The poster must be as creative and inventive as possible..... no problemo!
The poster must show the possiblities of what paper can do.
The poster MUST be photographed in a professional manner.

So as a starting point I took a photo from my development work from draft 3D scultpture...

Then using photoshop, adding text and editing the photograph so that it could fit the briefs requirements....

We have to consider grid frames so that it identifies whether the type is the main focus or the image. Consideration of colour, keeping it to a minimum of three colours? This was only a starting point, if I am honest, if I saw that on a wall I probably wouldn't give it a second look. The most interest aspect of this poster is the image but, it was a start to get to grips with grid frames of type.

I need to create posters which really captivate the viewer and make them think "Wow, that's just paper and look how it can look?!" 

However I tried another photoshopped photograph from developments...

Before....

After


This poster, I was taking an experience from a previous workshop for Obs&Comms, to show a grid form which screams a bonkers approach to the type. I used helvetica typeface on this poster because this relates to their website, it looks like the font that they use. The poster contains all the information required but not presented in a form in a way not like most posters. Instead of reading it left to right, it can be read as you turn the poster. So something to take away from this poster idea, just because it has a slightly bonkers approach doesn't mean that it is illegible, the viewer can obtain all the information required. A point to consider in mind....

After doing these two posters, I don't think this approach is really for me, I feel that I could meet and probably exceed the briefs requirements creating my own poster using my own skills then photographing them.

I will start a new blog for a new idea....





No comments:

Post a Comment